What is the ‘machine-id’ and where can I find mine?
The machine-id is a 5-part number identifier that is unique for every computer. This ‘id’ is generated by SimaPro and is needed for activating your SimaPro license. You can retrieve your machine-id from SimaPro, as follows:
For SimaPro 8.2.3 and later:
- From SimaPro, go to Help> Register SimaPro
- Click 'I accept these conditions'
- The registration window will appear showing your machine-id
For older versions:
1. Locate the activation file SimaPro.AII.
- For Windows XP, 2003 and 2003R2 Server, you can find the file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SimaPro\
- For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008R2 Server, you can find it at C:\ProgramData*\SimaPro or C:\ProgramData*\SimaProLicense
*This may be a hidden folder. To make it visible, please adjust your general Windows folder settings via the Control Panel.
2. Double-click the file SimaPro.AII and select the program Notepad to open it with.
3. You will be presented with window containing the machine-id (also called the hardware-id). See example here.