“I am eager to increase the environmental awareness of our society, and I believe that everyone can contribute to a more sustainable world, every day. At PRé we provide companies with both the knowledge and the tools to improve their products and services. I am excited to work for an organisation that is involved in developing sustainable initiatives.”Laura holds a PhD in Toxic Impact Modelling and an MSc in Biomedical Sciences, both from the Radboud University of Nijmegen. She is involved in the development of sustainability metrics and LCA and impact assessment methodologies. Laura authored multiple scientific publications in the areas of toxicity and environmental impact.
As a technical consultant at PRé, Laura works on life-cycle-related projects for SMEs and the European Commission, among other things. She was involved in many types of LCA studies, from simple screening LCAs to full ISO-compliant assessments, resulting in publication of EPDs and several long-term monitoring studies. Additionally, Laura is one of the teachers of PRé’s LCA and SimaPro training.
Before joining PRé, Laura did a PhD, investigating how to enhance toxic impact modelling in life cycle assessment and researching the suitability of methods that can predict values for missing data in LCA. She also focussed on commonly neglected impact pathways in LCA that are potentially relevant, such as: terrestrial toxicity and indoor exposure to chemicals.
Her areas of expertise include environmental product performance, sustainability metrics, product environmental footprinting, LCA and life cycle thinking, impact assessment methodology (particularly assessing the toxic impact of chemicals on people and ecosystems), modelling fate and exposure of chemicals in multimedia, chemical risk assessment, and uncertainty analysis.
Articles by Laura Golsteijn:
- The Cost of Fraud: Health Consequences of Fraudulent Emissions Tests
- Guidance For Modelling The Use Stage In The PEF Approach
- Global Guidance for Life Cycle Impact Assessment Indicators and Methods - On Track
- Carbon Modelling In The PEF Initiative
- Growing Biofuels Causes Food Shortages: Myth Or Not?
- 5 Roads to Circular Economy - Part I: Product Life Extension
- Why the Succes of Circular Economy is Owned by Chemicals
- LCA of ECO-SANDWICH® Wall Panels for the University of Zagreb
- Interpretation Of Metrics: DALYs And Damage To Human Health
- Packaging Is The Bad Guy: Myth Or Not?
- How To Unite the Two Viewpoints On Toxicity?
- Laura’s Favourite Sustainability Initiative: Dress for Success
- Behind the Scenes at Monte Carlo Simulations
- Bad Labor Footprint | Social Impacts in the Supply Chain
- Improved Pedigree Matrix Approach for ecoinvent
- How to Use USEtox® Characterisation Factors in SimaPro
- Characterisation: New Developments for Toxicity
- Advanced Sustainability Profiles Help Promote Sustainabile Cleaning
- Life cycle assessment example of hand dryer options