Advanced Use of SimaPro
This training is an extension of our two-day training. You will learn all about the LCA methodology in the first two days so this additional day is focused on the additional features of SimaPro 8. Moreover, we will introduce you to the new European initiative for LCA studies: the Product Environmental Footprint and Organisational Environmental Footprint (the PEF and OEF rules), and explain its current status and potential future. This extra day is particularly useful if you wish to apply LCA to complex products and to more effectively manage and share your data.
Day 1 and 2: Effective LCA with SimaPro
- Goal and scope definition: you will learn to define the objectives and scope of your study and understand the implications of your methodological choices.
- Inventory analysis: you will understand the difference between process and input-output data, learn about various data sources and get tips on how to effectively collect data.
- Impact Assessment: you will get insight into the four different steps of impact assessment, what each step allows you to do in terms of decision-making and learn how to select the most appropriate method.
- Interpretation: you will learn how to check if your conclusions are valid and robust by applying a number of recommended interpretation steps.
- Goal and scope definition: you will learn how to model multi-output processes and different end of life recovery approaches in SimaPro.
- Inventory analysis: you will learn how to model your life cycle effectively in SimaPro as well as how you can adapt secondary data to fit your purposes.
- Impact Assessment: you will learn how to get more from an impact assessment method in SimaPro and how to select a default method for your calculations.
- Interpretation: you will learn how to use all of the interpretation features in SimaPro to help you achieve your study objectives.
Day 3: Advanced Use of SimaPro
- Complex end of life modelling: you will learn how to effectively model the production and end of life of complex product life cycles such as a car or a building.
- Data management: you will learn how you can clean a project and create your own SimaPro library.
- Parameters: you will learn how to create scenarios which require different data, e.g. different vehicles being selected depending on the distance travelled.
- Specific guidance: you will learn about product social impact assessment, the Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) initiative, and how to use SimaPro for water footprint analyses.