SimaPro | World’s Leading LCA Software
SimaPro, the leading LCA tool, can help you put the metrics behind your sustainable product development and sustainability goals. Based on these metrics, you can make solid decisions to positively change your product’s life cycle. SimaPro is the LCA software used by industry, consultancies, and research institutes in more than 80 countries.
Collect, Analyze, Monitor
SimaPro provides you with a professional tool to collect, analyze and monitor the sustainability performance of products and services. With SimaPro, you can easily model and analyze complex life cycles in a systematic and transparent way, measure the environmental impact of your products and services across all life cycle stages, identify the hotspots in all aspects of your supply chain, from extraction of raw materials to manufacturing, distribution, use, and disposal.
Life Cycle Assessment Applications
SimaPro comes fully integrated with various databases and impact assessments, and is used for a variety of LCA applications:
- Carbon footprint
- Water footprint
- Product design and eco-design (DfE)
- Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- Determination of key performance indicators (KPIs)
A unique set of features to suit your needs
SimaPro allows you to model products and systems from a life cycle perspective. Users can build complex models in a systematic and transparent way using SimaPro's unique features.
- Use parameters in your model and easily change values or assumptions in your model
- Calculate uncertainty in your inventory results using a Monte Carlo analysis
- Allocation of multiple output processes
- Transparent; trace back your results in a few mouse clicks
- Weak-point analysis; identify the ‘hot spots’ in your life cycle using the process tree
- Analysis of complex waste treatment and recycling scenarios
- Define how life cycle assessment results are presented (per process, stage or function)
SimaPro offers licenses to suit a wide variety of business and educational needs. To see which license suits your needs, please check the overview below:
Databases & Methods
SimaPro includes various LCI databases, such as the renowned ecoinvent v3 database, but also the new Agri-footprint database. SimaPro also contains a number of impact assessment methods, which are used to calculate impact assessment results. Read more about SimaPro databases and methods.
SimaPro off ers licenses to suit a wide variety of business and educational needs. Licenses are available for a range of users, from those with very little experience using LCA so ware to experts who require maximum power and control. As a parameterized modeling and scenario analysis tool that can also incorporate external tools or data, SimaPro has a solution for you. Check the price list.
Make your sustainability effort measurable
Many organizations struggle with how to make their corporate sustainability efforts measurable, how to embed sustainability into their daily operations, and how to create a competitive advantage from sustainability initiatives. SimaPro assists your LCA expert and offers solutions to every department.
- How can we embed sustainability in our business strategy?
- How can we best support other departments in making sustainable decisions?
- How can we differentiate our products communicate with full transparency?
- How can resources be used more efficiently and which changes result in the biggest environmental improvement?
- Which aspects of our products and product portfolio should we focus on to make our products more sustainable?
- Which steps in the supply chain cause the biggest impact and how can we improve these?
Monitoring corporate and product sustainability performance
Carbon footprint assessment
Measure your business' or product's carbon footprint. With the results of the assessment you can make solid decisions and reduce your carbon footprint.
Water footprint assessment
Use the water-use data, regionalized water flows and water footprint methods included for a calculation of your water footprint. SimaPro 8 can help you assess the completeness of your water footprint results.
Product design and eco-design (DfE)
Measure and analyze your product's environmental impact through the life cycle and identify hotspots. With the results you can improve the environmental performance of your product.
Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
Quantify environmental data for your product with categories of parameters and create a verified document that reports environmental data of products in accordance with the international standard ISO 14025.
Environmental reporting (GRI)
Create a report about the economic, environmental and social impacts caused by everyday activities of your organization, in accordance with the Sustainability Reporting Framework.
Determination of key performance indicators (KPI)
The included impact assessment methods have many indicators to choose from. Choose the key performance indicators needed.