"The time of the industrial revolution is over. Now it is time for the green revolution to go full steam ahead! Because we all need to be involved in this process, I aim to guide individuals and businesses in understanding the trade-offs between impacts. This will help them make informed decisions, which will really help sustainable living thrive."Marisa is a senior sustainability professional with an international career and significant consulting and training experience in value chain sustainability and product sustainability. She holds a Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences and Technology.
Marisa has over five years of wide-ranging experience in the field of Life Cycle Assessment, performing and reviewing all kinds of LCA studies, from simplified studies to full ISO-compliant assessments. As a consultant, she leads projects in the international arena, working with numerous companies from a wide variety of sectors, authorities, and international consortia.
Marisa combines excellent program management skills with a hands-on background in sustainability metrics. She is also highly involved in the development of impact assessment methods, with a particular focus on abiotic resource depletion and resource scarcity.
Her areas of expertise are environmental product performance, sustainability metrics, and sustainability strategy.
Articles by Marisa Vieira:
- PEF masterclass: Sharing the environmental footprinting initiative with a broader audience
- Review of Forty Supporting Studies for the Environmental Footprint Rules - European Commission
- State of the Debate and Outlook for the PEF Initiative
- Measuring The Environmental Footprint Of Organisations In The PEF Initiative
- Impact Assessment In The PEF Initiative
- Towards Environmental Footprint Rules - PEF Governance Structure
- Data Requirements In The PEF Approach
- Hotspot Analysis In The PEF Approach
- The Role Of The Representative Product In The PEF Approach
- Modelling End-of-Life In The PEF Approach
- Recycling Is Always Good: Myth Or Not?
- Developing A Sustainability Metrics Integration Plan For A Fibreglass Company
- One Year of Environmental Footprinting Pilots (And What Cows Have To Do With This)
- Combination of LCA databases solves challenges for measuring environmental impacts satellite mission
- CAP’EM Compass | A free online tool for decision making on building materials
- Developing the CAP’EM Compass of Building Materials
- PRé acting as Technical Helpdesk for the Testing of Environmental Footprint Rules
- Developing an LCA Method for Resource Extraction
- Highlights of the 6th International Life Cycle Management Conference 2013
- PRé at Life Cycle Management Conference 2013 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- How to Select Relevant Indicators for Decision Making in Sustainability
- Update | PRé LCA and SimaPro training expanded
Jun 21 - 23 | Advanced Use of SimaPro
Jun 21 - 22 | Effective LCA with SimaPro
Oct 11 - 13 | Advanced Use of SimaPro
Oct 11 - 12 | Effective LCA with SimaPro
Nov 29 - Dec 1 | Advanced Use of SimaPro
Nov 29 - 30 | Effective LCA with SimaPro