'In today’s world, I believe it is crucial for companies to make decisions that are both financially sound and also have a positive impact on the environment. Ever since I first learned how humans have damaged the environment, I have been inspired to help preserve our planet so that future generations can enjoy nature the way I have. I am so excited to work for an organization that shares my personal values.'Paula works on LCA and sustainability metrics implementation projects in a wide variety of industries, such as apparel, food, and building & construction. She provides organisations with insight that helps them make sustainable decisions by measuring the environmental impacts of their supply chain. She also works closely with the PRé software team to implement databases in PRé’s software package SimaPro.
Paula graduated Magna Cum Laude from Bucknell University where she received a BA in both Economics and Environmental Studies. Prior to joining PRé, Paula worked as a Research Intern at The Solar Foundation, a non-profit organization located in Washington, D.C. Paula also interned at Eastman Kodak Company, on the Product Stewardship team, within the Department of Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability.
Her areas of expertise include environmental product performance, LCA databases, and supply chain sustainability measurement.
Articles by Paula Bernstein:
- 5 Roads To A Circular Economy - Part III: Reusing Waste
- A Plant-based Diet Has A Lower Impact: Myth Or Not?
- WEBINAR: Towards Sustainable Food and LCA Development
- Focus on Minimising Transportation Is Good: Myth or Not?
- Bloomberg Customer Hardware LCA
- Paula’s Favourite Sustainability Initiative: Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Understanding The Impacts Of Candy Production
- Quantifying Sustainability II – Natural Capital and Monetisation
- Quantifying Sustainability - Supply Chain Sustainability and Minimising Risk
- Your Supply Chain | An Excellent Opportunity for Reducing Environmental Impacts